Sagging Brow
updated: Aug 06, 2011, 10:15 AM

I want to try Botox, but my husband doesn't want me to. A few of my friends have tried it, and they are really happy with the results. I was thinking I would try it and just not tell my husband - he won't even notice. What do you think?

Sagging Brow

* * *

Dear Sagging Brow,

He won't even notice…?

COMMENT 200965P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 10:23 AM

"He won't even notice…?" Are you really willing to take that bet? If your husband did something you didn't want him to do behind your back what would you do/feel? You'd be ticked off wouldn't you? Well, so would he and he would be justified. Is botox worth loosing your husband's trust over?

COMMENT 200977 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 10:44 AM

Botox Cosmetic is a brand name of a botulinum toxin (BO-tulinum TOX-in) used for cosmetic injectable treatments. It is U.S. FDA approved, but so were a lot of other drugs that were later taken off the market after long-term effects were discovered. Do your research. Be careful.

COMMENT 200985 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 10:51 AM

I would never even consider injecting that poison into my face or near my third eye area. Beauty emanates from the inside.

COMMENT 200992 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 11:07 AM

I'm very happy with my Botox results. Be sure it's done by an MD tho.

COMMENT 201000 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 11:43 AM

I bet he would notice the cost of Botox missing from the checking account and if he's not going to notice, why bother?

COMMENT 201004 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 11:49 AM

I say go for it if that is what you want to do! It's a very personal decision. Just be sure you are well informed and go to someone well trained. I had vertical lines between my brows that mad me look like I was always angry. Dr. Kathleen Griffin was very conservative with the amount she used and I'm thrilled witht the result. I've done it twice in the last year and will again when needed.

COMMENT 201008P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 12:02 PM

Maybe your husband loves you the way you are. Why not leave it at that?

COMMENT 201012P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 12:13 PM

I would never do it in a million years. But I say everyone needs to make their own choices.

COMMENT 201042 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 01:31 PM

UGLY!!!

COMMENT 201051 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 02:13 PM

I'm with 985...

COMMENT 201072P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 02:58 PM

Why are you doing it? I keep myself looking as good as I can FOR my husband. Why do something he won't notice? I'm not looking to impress anyone else. If he said know...why would you even think about it more. If the money is burning a hole in your purse...take him to the spa with you and have a couples massage. Ho unto your husband like you would like him to do unto you...the test of character is what you do when no one is watching.

COMMENT 201109P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 05:15 PM

Botox patients look freaky. Sad.

COMMENT 201146P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-06 11:10 PM

I don't have a vain bone in my body, but I've considered it too. For those of us who get severe migraines, one symptom is a deeper crease between the eyes. Rumor has it that botox there can eliminate migraines in some patients! (Unfortunately, in a very small percentage, it results in a 6 week migraine until the botox wears off. So, being broke, and having been part of a very small percentage before, I just wonder...)

COMMENT 201163 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-07 07:35 AM

I'm with 200965P. It seems chancy to go behind his back and hope he won't notice. If you're really determined, maybe he would go to a doctor with you and get more info. Of course, some men are threatened by their wives looking better. Depends on your relationship.

COMMENT 201181 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-07 08:31 AM

Okay, I just want you to watch that twilight zone where the people put on masks and wore them 'til midnight at which time the mask became their permanent face. That is what botox makes you look like. Yes, the Twilight Zone! Aaaaand for people that think they look good with botox injections and that it looks natural....They are from the Twilight Zone!!!! Don't Do It, and for so many reasons other than your husband!

COMMENT 201221 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-07 09:47 AM

I'm 50 years old and tried Botox once and went to the best in town but I didn't really think it was all that worthwhile. My vertical frown lines didn't lessen and the wrinkles under your eyes will still be there, just not the sides. It only lasts for 3 months, is expensive, and it left little hard nodules at the injection sites for at least a year. I agree with your husband - pass.

I don't have many wrinkles now but I'm hoping technology improves by the time I'm 60 so that there are better options than the temporary and potential harmful Botox.

COMMENT 201224P agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-07 10:04 AM

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR HUSBAN SAYS. HUSBANDS ARE GENERALLY RIGHT. I TELL MY WIFE PLEASE DONT BUY IT AND GUESS WHAT , SHE BUYS IT. WE HAVE STACKS OF UNOPENED ITEMS IN OUR GARAGE. IT DRIVES ME NUTS. I KNOW I AM OFF TOPIC HERE. BUT IF SHE WOULD ONLY LISTEN TO ME LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER. PLEASE WOMEN OF THE WORLD "LISTEN TO YOUR HUSBANDS".

COMMENT 201255 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-07 11:03 AM

Is having the Botox more important to you than your marriage? I've heard many women reporting good results, using Oil of Olay. Even the "best" Dermatologist isn't 100% perfect - the internet abounds with photos of formerly beautiful women turned gotesque because of Botox injections.

I would definitely NOT go behind your husband's back to do this vain thing. Violating marital trust to me, is an act of unfaithfulness, and is totally unjustified. If your marriage is otherwise a good and happy one, then respect your husband and stay well within the bounds of honest, ethical behavior at all times.

I completely agree with the earlier poster who said that the test of your character is what you do when no-one else is looking.

COMMENT 201329 agree helpful negative off topic

2011-08-07 01:46 PM

I work in a derm office that does this. It works, it works well, and it does NOT make you look fake, if done in moderation by the right doc. That said, doing it behind your hubby's back is asking for trouble. And besides everything else that everyone here has said, if you honestly think he won't notice, a man who sees you every single day, then why the heck would you consider spending that sort of money one something that won't be noticed?
Botox essentially temporarily paralyzes the muscles in your face - your 'wrinkles' are just lines from where you frown/smile/whatever frequently - if you paralyze these muscles, the lines will fade. It will not get rid of wrinkles under your eyes, help bags, etc. It basically fades creases from laughing/frowning/squinting/etc. If the lines aren't from some muscle movement, Botox likely won't help. (Unless you are referring to treatments for stuff other than wrinkles: migraine, excessive sweating, etc.)

37% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

*** 2 comments were deleted from this thread by the Edhat Board Nanny for violating Edhat Comments Board policy. Click Here to see them.