More Islands
updated: Jan 16, 2013, 11:18 AM

By John Wiley

Here are views of two more islands from my flight, this time Santa Cruz and Anacapa. A rock formation on southeastern Santa Cruz with red, white and orange colors garnished with green and the blue sea. Looking toward the East from the tip, and then of course the lazy "gator" Anacapa with Mugu in the distance. I like how the evening light accents the lighthouses and rock arch.

Send this picture as a postcard

Send this picture as a postcard

Send this picture as a postcard

Send this picture as a postcard

2013-01-16 11:23 AM

Wait a second, is that a lighthouse? Why is there no public access? I'd like to be able to drive there.

NICE PHOTOS!

CHERIDIANE agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-16 02:51 PM

So interesting and beautiful. Thanks for posting.

2013-01-16 03:58 PM

John, thanks for giving us views that few ever see....always enjoy your pictures!

2013-01-16 06:21 PM

I always enjoy being taken along on your views as well! Thanks a bunch, safe travels, and please keep them coming. These are sites I may never get to see otherwise.

LALALALA agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-17 06:21 AM

thank you! this might be the closest I ever get to Anacapa!

K9CRAZY agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-17 06:53 AM

Thank you John for views I will never otherwise get to see! You have an awesome job/hobby and I am the happy recipient!

MADMAX agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-17 07:35 AM

Awesome John!

MESAJIM agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-17 08:19 AM

John, just on the off chance that no one has ever asked you this before, can I ride along with you on one of these flights? :)

2013-01-17 08:55 AM

The clear air and directional light creates an interesting and informative rendering of the topography of the islands. Thank you for sharing these images with us.

2013-01-17 09:00 AM

Great photos! I appreciate any of our beautiful Channel Islands and these are fantastic!

EDSUP agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-17 05:29 PM

Lighthouses? I'm excited!

2013-01-17 06:11 PM

These are wonderful. I've flown to and over Catalina Island, but have never seen the views of these local islands. Beautiful, thank you!

2013-01-18 03:03 PM

It might be kinda hard to drive to the lighthouse being that its on the island and all and not to mention most lighthouses are us coast guard property as they are used for nautical navigation

46% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.