All Local News
- 10/22/14

previous day | next day

Most recent Comments first | (reverse order)

COMMENT 563407 helpful negative off topic

Silly Certifications

2014-10-22 03:49 PM

The State of California just instituted a required boat operator's license. Up until now you could walk into a broker and drive away in a 200' yacht or rent a speedboat or jetski with no training or certification at all. So maybe that makes sense.

I won't have to get one, because I have a professional Captain's license from the USCG. It's somewhat involved to get one, but you can do so without EVER having driven a boat! Maybe that doesn't make sense.

I'd like to see the driving privilege certificate aka license become MUCH harder to obtain.

COMMENT 563400 helpful negative off topic

Upcoming Partial Solar Eclipse

2014-10-22 03:26 PM

for those who want to have viewing glasses for the eclipse, the astronomy club at SBCC are selling viewing glasses for 1 dollar a pair, out of EBS 114 on campus

COMMENT 563385 helpful negative off topic

Pinks Hot Dogs

2014-10-22 02:56 PM

Tum, Ta Tum Tum... Tums!

COMMENT 563381 helpful negative off topic

Pinks Hot Dogs

2014-10-22 02:49 PM

Oh I am so jealous! Pinks is delicious!!

COMMENT 563361P helpful negative off topic

American in Paris

2014-10-22 02:10 PM

Gorgeous, always love his stuff.

COMMENT 563338 helpful negative off topic

Pinks Hot Dogs

2014-10-22 01:36 PM

I'm Aquaholic on this one. I don't care what it looks like, or what's in it, but those dogs look delish. Give me a tums and I'm good to go.

COMMENT 563312 helpful negative off topic

American in Paris

2014-10-22 12:30 PM

I wonder what it will look like when it is finished.

read complete comment thread

AQUAHOLIC helpful negative off topic

Pinks Hot Dogs

2014-10-22 12:19 PM

I don't care, the chili dogs could have beaks, knees & feet...it's still a guilty pleasure worth indulging in, once in a while....Max, you know how to live! ;-)

COMMENT 563277 helpful negative off topic

Silly Certifications

2014-10-22 10:56 AM

I'm an EdHat-certified commenter!

COMMENT 563252 helpful negative off topic

Pinks Hot Dogs

2014-10-22 09:27 AM

The house I lived in once backed onto the alley right behind Pinks. Back in those days it was always 3 deep at the counter.... Fatburger was the same.

Thanks for the pics Max.... I got instant heartburn; oh, the nostalgia.

COMMENT 563222 helpful negative off topic

Silly Certifications

2014-10-22 07:53 AM

I heard a radio add for one of those rip-off Indian casinos down South in which they reported they had the only "certified loose slots". As if anyone was going around certifying slot machines, particularly those in Indian casinos that operate in secrecy, are above laws regulating and policing such things, like the strict State regulation for all slot machines in Nevada casinos. These lawless Indian casinos have what amounts to a license to rip-off those gamblers foolish enough to go to them and lose their money!

COMMENT 563213 helpful negative off topic

Silly Certifications

2014-10-22 07:26 AM

Ever noticed how you really need nothing to be a parent? I guess God certified you by giving you certain parts (or not).

COMMENT 563209 helpful negative off topic

Silly Certifications

2014-10-22 07:03 AM

I had to have a crane operator certification to use the crane on the pier to load a boat. Um...one lever for up down, one for in out, and one for left right. How frigging hard can it be?

Answer: Damn hard when the boat is moving up and down and you've got a two ton load swinging in the wind and people on deck who are trying not to be squashed or knocked overboard.

So yeah, some certifications make sense.

read complete comment thread

15% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.

Home Subscribe FAQ Jobs Contact copyright © 2003-2014